SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Wasn't fortunate to get bi-xenon headlights, but trying to get suggestions on bulb upgrades. In the past theses upgrades would burn out 7 months from install, necessitating a premature replacement. That was 3-4 years ago and I just gave up on aftermarket upgrades. Anything today that provides brightness over standard halogens and actually lasts for 1 year +? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
354 Posts
There is a trade-off between bulb intensity and bulb longevity. The bulbs are easy enough to replace that I would lean towards the brighter bulbs and replacing them more frequently. Philips Xtreme Vision and GE Nighthawk are among the best you can buy.

If you are running your daytime running lights all the time, I'd turn those off manually most of the time to preserve bulb life.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Everyone,

Wasn't fortunate to get bi-xenon headlights, but trying to get suggestions on bulb upgrades. In the past theses upgrades would burn out 7 months from install, necessitating a premature replacement. That was 3-4 years ago and I just gave up on aftermarket upgrades. Anything today that provides brightness over standard halogens and actually lasts for 1 year +? Thanks in advance
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.