SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have replaced my rotors twice now with cheap chinese replacements. Within a few years they always warp. I have finally decided to spend the money and buy good ones, but there are a lot of options. What are the best ones to get, Brembo, Bosch, Volvo original, Zimmerman???

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I have had good luck with centric rotors.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a good set of Centrics on my 855 as well.

Although I wonder if there is something else going on? Rotors don't typically warp anymore. Usually what happens is you get some pad buildup on the rotor that turns into a permanent high spot. Avoid parking the car in the wet for an extended period of time without driving it if at possible.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
I have used Centric, Zimmerman, Stoptech, Brembo, Bosch, OEM. I think they are all fine. I live in a northern climate so prefer ones that have a zinc coating to keep the rust on the rotor hats down a little.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had good luck with the Meyle rotors. They also have a nice zinc finish so they don't rust. No warping issues at all and the price is very nice compared to OEM, Brembo, etc.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
OEM is ATE. Zimmerman is a good high quality. Brembos arent anything special for our p80 cars.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I had a good set of Centrics on my 855 as well.

Although I wonder if there is something else going on? Rotors don't typically warp anymore. Usually what happens is you get some pad buildup on the rotor that turns into a permanent high spot. Avoid parking the car in the wet for an extended period of time without driving it if at possible.
I think the cheap rotors could warp if your over tightening your lug bolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'12 S60 T5
89 Posts
I've gone with ATE with all my replacement, and haven't had a single complaint about the rotors, worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Try ebay.

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
FCP has the best prices on rotors, on sale now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I am extremely happy with Stop Tech/Centric rotors and pads from Amazon. They were cheap-ish too!! I have not read good things about the Brembos.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
I am extremely happy with Stop Tech/Centric rotors and pads from Amazon. They were cheap-ish too!! I have not read good things about the Brembos.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Low end brembos are junk. Corrode badly and start to get deposits pretty quickly. ATE is oem, not very expensive. Zimmerman is high quality zinc coated. Those are what we run after the brembo debacle and couldn't be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've had good luck with ebc rotors had them on my 850 for 3 years now with ceramic pads. Holding up well.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Anything Zinc coated should be better than stock. I'm very happy with the Zimmermans on my V70.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts