SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 850R, I upgraded the ECU, intake, and exhaust. I am looking to add a decent BOV on the turbo. What is a good one to purchase for my volvo? I would perfer an atmospheric BOV if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Re: Best BOV to use on 850R... (od1)

In case you haven't already heard, an atmospheric BOV will only decrease your power if you are not running high boost and driving like a race car driver most of the time.<p>Pretty much any of the BOV out there is about the same. None of them is better than the other...pretty much just depends which one sounds better to your ears. I have Blitz one on my for years now, always like the sound it has......but just so you know, if noise is all you look for.....I've seen devices on the Net you can buy for your car to simulate the BOV noise. NO decrease in performance, and a lot cheaper.<p>BOV for an automatic tranny isn't exactly the most useful, but still will do its job. If somehow you think your factory one is not strong enough for repsonsive enough, you can always get the recirculating type. TurboXS has one, and few others, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts