SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a boost gauge soon. Wondering what everyone else uses out there. I want something that matches my cluster gauges.

I'm going to get the pod from CFW. What boost gauge will look right?

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
what ever you get make sure its a electronic one since it will be retarded stupid getting a mech one.

I heart prosport

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: (xUNiQuE)

Electric gauge is not as deep as a mechanical one and it requires mounting a sending unit somewhere which isnt really a problem. Electric gauge you dont have to worry about running a separate vacuum line through the firewall and getting kinks in it. However a mechanical gauge is more precise in readings and there is virtually no delay. with an electric boost gauge you get a little bit of a delay.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
what ever you get make sure its a electronic one since it will be retarded stupid getting a mech one.

I heart prosport

...Why when you can get a mechanical boost gauge for MUCH less, and just as accurate. There is no point in wasting $200+ on a BOOST GAUGE?!?!?! Spend $40-$50 and get an autometer mechanical gauge, no computer lag, and you have the same accuracy since it will be connected right to the manifold.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »

...Why when you can get a mechanical boost gauge for MUCH less, and just as accurate. There is no point in wasting $200+ on a BOOST GAUGE?!?!?! Spend $40-$50 and get an autometer mechanical gauge, no computer lag, and you have the same accuracy since it will be connected right to the manifold.
I have a Glowshift tinted series gauge(mechanical) and I am very happy with it. Glowshift has the 7 color series which has a green color that is very close to the lighting on our dash. They are very good gauges and pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Best boost gauge? (jstro)

I bought the VDO gauge from IPD. It is a really close fit to the stock gauges. If you want a stock look, go with it!
I'm putting it in the same pod as you, it's gonna be a sick install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Best boost gauge? (Tiny)

@TINY

how did your install go? im thinking of doing the exact same thing. I really dont care about the type of gauge i just want something that looks like the regular dash.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Glowshift gauge here... mechanical and using the door pod... no problems here

·
Registered
114 Posts
FRP and used interior gray rattle can paint from autozone... matched perfect!!! it was a little can... heads up bring your corner piece into autozone to try and match

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: (Cjones16)

Quote, originally posted by Cjones16 »
For the door pod I would recommend a electric gauge if you have the money for it.

I ran a mechanical in the door for a while, it is doable but kind of a pain

+1 if you can afford... it wasn't the easiest thing... but its super accurate... no delay like electric

·
Registered
114 Posts
No problem, keep us posted http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.