SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys get yours? Not.looking for anything fancy. No need for cross-drilling, slotting, ceramics. I remember a link on here 2 years ago for some cheap (and decent) Monroe(?) pads but can't find it. So, any suggestions?

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I got Raybestos rotors #980551 ($65/ea) and #980554 ($55/ea)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Tirerack has Brembo blanks for $69 front and 57 rear.
I bought Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic for $34 for the fronts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I got centric rotors off amazon for cheap, but I think I paid about 38 per rotor. I have centric ctek rears.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The cheap pads were Monroe Ceramics, I got a full set from amazon and they're noisy but work fine. I'll replace with some HPS' soon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
http://www.brakeperformance.com

Ordered from them for my father-in-law's Honda accord. Very nice rotors & the pads seem to work well too. American made, and good prices. I know a few others on here have ordered from them as well. I'll be ordering a set of their dimpled/slotted rotors for my R in a couple weeks. +/-$400 delivered for all rotors & pads @ four corners.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Cheap condoms are the best! It's like playing Russian roulette! ^
No, not wearing a condom and playing the "pull out" game is Russian Roulette :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
No, not wearing a condom and playing the "pull out" game is Russian Roulette :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well this conversation is going downhill fast...........THEY SEE ME ROLLIN'

He doesn't even use brakes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just ordered Raybestos Rotors and Stoptech Pads from RockAuto. Price was good so hopefully they perform well also.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Tirerack has Brembo blanks for $69 front and 57 rear.
I bought Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic for $34 for the fronts.
+1 here, got my drilled rotors / stoptech pads off of TR, great prices fast shipping. (I'm a Service Manager at a FS, so I can get good deals, and the best I found was TR)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tascaparts.com just over 300 shipped for OEM. I am not sure why you would cheap out on a primary safety system. If you are going to spend money anywhere on a car it should be brakes and tires. Either that or you should have bought the Camry.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Tascaparts.com just over 300 shipped for OEM. I am not sure why you would cheap out on a primary safety system. If you are going to spend money anywhere on a car it should be brakes and tires. Either that or you should have bought the Camry.
+1. Stock really is the best. It's not THAT pricey, and offers some of the best performance for pads and rotors you can get for the R's. Volvo actually knew what they were doing (or Brembo did, depending on how you look at it) when they assembled the pads and rotors.

·
Registered
753 Posts
+1. Stock really is the best. It's not THAT pricey, and offers some of the best performance for pads and rotors you can get for the R's. Volvo actually knew what they were doing (or Brembo did, depending on how you look at it) when they assembled the pads and rotors.
I just checked the price on Tascaparts.com and a front rotor costs $92 compare to Brembo from TR is only 69.
Assuming the OEM Volvo rotors are also made by Brembo but that means the Volvo boxes worth $22.
It sucks if the OEM Volvo rotors aren't made by Brembo.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
For brake pads stick with OEM, just order them online for the best price.
Any aftermarket stuff that's cheaper is going to be a lot WORSE. Hawk HPS are WORSE, for instance.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
OEM pads rock the Casbah since they are Jurid (Brembo) OE. BEST and CHEAPEST are mutually exclusive.

If you bought this car to be economical, sell it to someone who will treat it right. I swear it is like once a week I read on here that someone has realized they bought a car that requires maintenance, not a Civic.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts