SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find anything for under $100 that looks decent. I'm trying to get the parts list for my 3" turboback system together, but I can't find a good dual tip.

The best one I've found so far is this Pypes model: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVT26-3-Dua...=310362733466&ps=63&clkid=6984224439795120414

Corsa has an angled one that's wicked expensive and wouldn't look good on the car anyways

Anyone who's done theirs in full 3" know a good one that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Why not just continue to push IPD towards selling the tip they're producing for their exhaust separately?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Why not just continue to push IPD towards selling the tip they're producing for their exhaust separately?
Cause it would probably still break his bank. I would expect it too be at least in the 70-90$ range still.

Plus it took long enough to push them to release the exhaust as it is :D and that's also on a limited run as it shows OOS for awhile on their website.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
knew that was coming...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And...just like that Stage III that's supposedly "just around the corner," it would take them 6 months or more to get it to market on the site. It'd be my first choice if it was for sale.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just in case folks are curious, I'm going 3" with Borla xr1 40944 muffler and CNT catted DP. Still deciding whether to throw a resonator on there or not. I really don't like drone but want a good sound...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I'm glad to have helped. I expect pictures, videos and sound clips once all is done :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I'm glad to have helped. I expect pictures, videos and sound clips once all is done :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My only question is does the reduction in pipe size from the inlet to the outlet cut flow whatsoever?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That far back on the system, I don't expect it will. Having a full 3" pipe to travel through virtually unrestricted past the cat ought to handle it just fine. I would think the gases would be flowing pretty slowly at that point. It might actually help speed them up to get out the tailpipe

Anyone with more exhaust experience want to chime in on that?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
My only question is does the reduction in pipe size from the inlet to the outlet cut flow whatsoever?
1 single 3" inlet to dual 3.5" outlet. I see no trouble in flow that far back in the system regardless .

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Never go with "good enough" you will always regret it. It's not something that's not noticeable, if you want it to look good spend a few more bucks. You'll get something quality, better looking, and it more than likely won't rust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts