SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from a father's day cookout (in the rain), I hit a pothole (saw it coming but there was a car on my left so nowhere to go but forward). It bent the rim on my peg. I have the donut on. I have mounted snows on 17" wheels. So, I would love some advice. I know its going to take some time to get a new/used peg, so do I put a 17" wheel with a snow tire on the right front? It must be better than driving on a donut. I could, of course, put all 4 snows on too. What do you think? Also, know anyone who has a used, good, 18" peg. I will look on the classified section as soon as I post this. Thanks for your input. <br>

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: Bent Peg (Shipmate)

I would atleast put 2 of the same size tires on an axle. Also I would not keep this setup longer the 500-1000 miles

·
Registered
584 Posts
Re: Bent Peg (Shipmate)

awww man, this was what I was talking about a week ago. I'm new to the area and was talking about how the roads are terrible in Boston. What color is your R?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
per "Shipmate" profile - "'05 S60R MT, Titanium Gray most options but Nav,"

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Re: (s140s)

sorry to hear it.<p>im patiently waiting for a fellow owner of my sport edition CDs to do the same thing so I can get rid of them. keeping fingers crossed. LOL.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will put the snows back on while I try to find a replacement. I see that Ipd has replacement wheels but they are out of stock and expected within 41 days. If I have to wait that long the snows will be shot too. And yeah, its gray. 63,000 miles and the first rim that I have bent driving in Massachustts. Quite a record.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts