SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a good resource on where I could pick up a 18in Chrome Venator? I've done some Googling and an OEM rim is tipping in at about 800 bucks. Haven't really been able to find a used or reconditioned rim...

I talked to one wheel repair shop and they wouldn't repair it due to the crack. I've had a bent rim on a different vehicle fixed but never experienced a cracked rim...

Soooo, what options do I have - I'm not really looking forward to the idea of forking out over 800 bucks just for 1 rim...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I unfortunately can't give you any more specific details but I've heard itwontstopsnowin talk about how he's bent lots and lots of venators during winter driving and how he got them cheaper somewhere? I think ebay but not sure. I checked but found none.

If it's any help, the wheels are manufactured by a german company called Borbet.

EDit: Just saw the link in the post above, I thought it was some rim repair site. 190 for a new venator rim sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Does anybody have a good resource on where I could pick up a 18in Chrome Venator? I've done some Googling and an OEM rim is tipping in at about 800 bucks. Haven't really been able to find a used or reconditioned rim...

I talked to one wheel repair shop and they wouldn't repair it due to the crack. I've had a bent rim on a different vehicle fixed but never experienced a cracked rim...

Soooo, what options do I have - I'm not really looking forward to the idea of forking out over 800 bucks just for 1 rim...
Find a better shop, most cracks should be repairable... local example: http://twincitywheel.com/crack-repair

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts