SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey BenES:

This is worth a shot. I found this C70 on CarDomain.

Here is a link to the car. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=199405&make_type_query=make%3DVolvo&model_brand_query=model%3DC70&tree=Volvo%20C70

I am interested in this guage pod.

If this is you, how did you do it? If this isn't you, does anyone know this car and how and what he using for his guage pod? Thanks in advance.

The guy's name is Ben Stein. That is why I am thinking BenES. He is Berwyn, PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: BenES is this you? (The_one_n_only)

We are getting close. What kind of pod is he using for his gauges? Is it custom or is it something that is supposed to be for another type of car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil? Yannis? Do you have anything to add? Can you help?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Re: BenES is this you? (larryo108)

Is that a unique color or something that came standard on the C70s? That blue looks real sweet. Love what he has done with the interior. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Ron

·
Registered
6,564 Posts

You can find any A pillar pod mount for any car that has similar size and use heat gun to soften it enough to mold it as close as your A Pillar.

The problem is it looks like an add-on no matter what you do, unless you cover it with the right fabric. On the C70 is even harder since C70's A pillar is extended all the way to the back.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Re: BenES is this you? (B518T)

Paint from S4 blue..of course not standard... http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif

But close enough to the V70R blue, though. I wish he could have done that in Ocean Race blue instead and leave the interior alone....but still a very unique car regardless.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

quote:

We are getting close. What kind of pod is he using for his gauges? Is it custom or is it something that is supposed to be for another type of car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil? Yannis? Do you have anything to add? Can you help?

Thank you all in advance.
As Kai, correctly, stated further up...this car belonged (I am using past tense as I have heard that this car has been heavily damaged when a tree fell on it; not sure if it was totaled or not) to Ben Stein whose father is one of the owners of the Volvo dealership in Berwyn, PA (also known as the "Enemy Camp" at Stillman Volvo! http://********************/smile/emwink.gif )

I am not up on his technical upgrades...sorry!

Yannis

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: BenES is this you? (GrecianVolvo)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the info. If anyone can find out where that pod is from it would be much appreciated. Phil if you're out there and this is your bosses car. Do you have any info you can give me about the pod he is using. What make and model is the pod intended for? Thanks in advance and thanks to all who have already replied.

I do like the blue, but like someone said the interior is a bit much. Just my opinion though. Overall it is a beautiful car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey everyone:

Hate to be a pain, but I just thought of something. Can anyone confirm that this Volvo was in fact crsuhed by a tree? If so, was it totaled? If so, can anyone get a hold of Ben Stein?

If you answered yes to all of these questions or know of someone who can please let me know. I just thought if the car was totaled, maybe I could buy that pod from him. If it isn't too mangled. There should be no difference between his A-pillar and mine, since both cars are 1998 70 series.

Just a thought and like I said before, it never hurts to ask.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the annoyance. I know I should be in the V70 forum not here with you COOL guys in the C70 forum. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

Thanks again.

[Modified by larryo108, 7:59 AM 12-4-2002]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: BenES is this you? (biggerhurt38)

quote:

That's like asking to buy a guy's watch after his hand get's hacked off in a construction accident. Well not that bad, haha.
Well I see your point. I was just asking. Figured if the car was totaled he had no use for the pod unless he was buying another C70. I know it was probably out of line. Sorry.

It's a good point and I didn't mean to offend anyone. From what I have been told though the car has been fixed. Anyways.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will go back into lurk mode now.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts

Its for a 97-2K Honda Civic, you just need to cut & fit. Ben thats you for all of teh positive responce to the car, he is very proud of it. As mentioned, the color is Audi S4 Blue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts