SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again guys,
I drive a 1996 850 turbo (automatic). When the transmission/engine are still warming up, and I come to a stop for any reason the transmission pulls the engine down to about 750-800 rpm for some reason...Is is just because the transmission fluid is still dense due to the cold? I recently switched over to synthetic transmission fluid, would this have any effect to what my car is doing? Thanks for your advice guys, its always appreciated!
-volvolove

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Below idle speed when stopping......... (volvolove)

800rpm is right below idle for an 850. Im not completly sure I understand your question. Do you mean the engine just drops to 800rpm when you let off the gas, or when you come to a complete stop?

If it is the ladder, that is normal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Below idle speed when stopping......... (thevolvoguy)

I mean that when the car is still cold, and I travel from, say, thirty miles per hour to a stop, the transmission pulls the engine down below normal idle RPM in the last ten feet or so before that complete stop which is by no means normal. I had suspected that it could simply be due to the thick-cold transmission fluid; although I figured someone out there might have known about this symptom............does anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts