SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Bell FMIC for a S40/V50 fit a 04 SR? Looking for a Bell FMIC for my build.

Sam

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
What you have to realize is yes the Intercooler itself will most definitely fit, however the supplied piping will not. Look at the dimensions and rough measure it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the best FMIC on the market? I'm not concerned about price.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Vio

Already working with Lucky for an ARD tune. My engine will be done in August, Major build. Just need FMIC and downpipe.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Thanks Vio

Already working with Lucky for an ARD tune. My engine will be done in August, Major build. Just need FMIC and downpipe.
Good luck man! I envy you guys that do major rebuilds as I am simply not mechanically inclined to do so!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
$600, well wort having a pro do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was yours a prototype? I'd like to hear more about how/where you got that price.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Thanks Vio

Lucky seems to like IPD's drop-in replacement. And if you're going to track your car you might not want to use up the space where the FMIC fits. That's spot is a good place to trans and oil coolers.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
The Bell kit has excellent instructions, is well-engineered, and not impossible for a competent weekend hobbiest.

Here are the time-proven mods for your car:

1. ECU tune
2. FMIC
Too bad Bell isn't making the kit for the R anymore :(

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
To the OP. It looks like races60r.com has the largest FMIC if that's what you're after.

I have the phMIC and I'm pleased with it, and he does offer one size larger than I got.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts