SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V50 T5 AWD Manual, 1998 V70R
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF anyone could shed some quick light on my situatioin, it would allwow me to get my car in the shop next week so I can get back to work.I am replacing clutch, flywheel, and slave cyl, along with the slave cyl vent pipe next week, with my shadetree. He saya I can get the seals off of rockouto in generic oem brands and be fine. I somewhere read in the forums that you don't want to do this, its that correct?
I know there is a chassis code issue, above a certain chassis # and a lot fothe driveline and clutch parts are different. I am changing out my clutch and flywheel for a vava smf kit, and rear main seal. The car is a v50 t5 awd, and has about 180k. I have drown myself in part numbers for the angle gear to right drive shart, and seals I should be replacing to save from having to do the job twice. I don't need new axle seals do I? I finally found some diagrams on crestvolvo of dallas, but some reason their online parts orering only works on my phone, and not easy to find parts for my specific car.

I don't want to also order $200 worth of seals extra stuff, but would like to get the bare min seals in it for now. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 V50 T5 AWD Manual, 1998 V70R
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I have all the part#'s. I just wondering if it's worth the extra 2.5 week wait time to upgrade to a hydraulic engine mount. I may already have one. Sorry for a newb ?. I'm not really a newb, but never replaced a volvo clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts