SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my main question is.
Is it possible to take apart the a55 automatic from my 05vr and rebuild with stronger internals?
Mostly asking because I know the automatics are torque/hp limited in the first two gears to keep the trans from exploding.
But I really want to put more power into the car and I feel that it's kinda useless to me because I mostly drive in the city and dont get to go full throttle in higher gears often.

I know everyone will say m66 swap it and I am thinking about it. But this is my only car and daily for commute in heavy traffic and a manual just doesnt seem awesome for that.

Also second question
Does the 6 speed auto from later years have any better luck handling power in the first 2 gears?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supposedly almost impossible. But I'm sure some way, somehow, with lots of money lol

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Hmm I wonder why it's so improbable. Different shifter linkage? Something that doesn't line up with the shifter. I'd be very interested to find out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm I wonder why it's so improbable. Different shifter linkage? Something that doesn't line up with the shifter. I'd be very interested to find out.

The issue other than installation is software, my dealer said it is possible but need change most computer of the car. Because TCM communicates with ECM and CEM. The software need 06 system. Also DEM changed... all need flushed if it compatible...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts