SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a basic question. I recently acquired a 2015 S60 with the beechwood leather interior. My question is can I use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioners on this leather as it is a bit of a "matt" finish? I have used Lexol products in the past for other cars, but their leathers were a little more "glossy" in their finish.

If this is in the incorrect forum location, please feel free to move it.

Looking forward to hearing your insights and suggestions.
Steve

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi all, just a basic question. I recently acquired a 2015 S60 with the beechwood leather interior. My question is can I use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioners on this leather as it is a bit of a "matt" finish? I have used Lexol products in the past for other cars, but their leathers were a little more "glossy" in their finish.

If this is in the incorrect forum location, please feel free to move it.

Looking forward to hearing your insights and suggestions.
Steve
Regardless of the product you're using, it's always a good idea to test a hidden area for color fasting. If the cleaner doesn't affect the color - and there's no reason to think it will affect your leather, you're good to go.

The only thing I would advise against is use of any cleaner on nubuck suede (if you have any).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've used Volvo's leather cleaner and conditioner kit for the last 4 years. Apply it 2 or 3 times a year. Very satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I just found a "hidden" spot to test with, the inner side panels where the rear seat middle armrest folds into. Will give it a go there first as a test spot.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts