SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

looking for some advice on these codes. All that I found is about cars that got plenty more codes and usually ended up having either a battery problem, DEM or AOC related issues.

The DEM was fixed in Canada last year and the cause was corrupted software caused by over current from the AOC pump. The AOC fluid & filter was serviced last month. Battery has one year. Front brakes (disc + pads) were done last week.

In my case I only get these BCM-0130 and 0136 codes.

Please advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
If you have VIDA look at the brake pressure sensor values... I had the same codes earlier this year and it was a failing battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 05 V70R occasionally displays the "Anti Skid Service Required" message. The previous owner had it checked out and these were the only two codes, stored but not active. The battery has been in the car since 2012. Any opinions as to whether it might be a battery issue as has been mentioned above and elsewhere?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
I'll bump this back up. Got "Anti-Skid Service Required" a few days ago. Finally plugged it into VIDA and got these two codes, nothing else. Battery is on charger/maintainer now. Cleared codes. Will see if they return.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
I'll bump this back up. Got "Anti-Skid Service Required" a few days ago. Finally plugged it into VIDA and got these two codes, nothing else. Battery is on charger/maintainer now. Cleared codes. Will see if they return.
One year later the "Anti-Skid Service Required" and BCM-0136 code have reappeared (not BCM-0130, though, strangely). I've only added about 3,000 miles since then, so not a great sample size. I may pop it back on the charger for a while and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Battery. Mine hasn't reappeared in years.
I'm guessing that's likely the case. It's getting used so little (once a week or less) that I really think I need to just keep the car on a tender, whether I get a new one or not.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
That's the way to do it. I have my motorcycle on a tender for many years as it does not get too many miles.
Yeah, both my bikes live on tenders and the 740 is typically on one, as well. Guess i need to add the VR to the list. lol

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Yeah, both my bikes live on tenders and the 740 is typically on one, as well. Guess i need to add the VR to the list. lol
so I'm another one of those people with their car not driven a lot. Had a battery in it that was used maybe 10 starts and it went completely flat and would not hold a charge at all. Put a new battery in...I had some BCM codes and cleared them all but BCM-130 comes back immediately upon starting the car. alarm siren is also dead so I was going to replace that first. Can't figure out a way to make the brake pressure code leave otherwise though. Brakes haven't been bled in a while so might start there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have “anti-skiding service requires “ with BCM 0130 and BCM 0133, then I changed brake pressure sensor 02. It’s gone now.

Actually I have such error code longer than year and it’s appear randomly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I have "anti-skiding service requires " with BCM 0130 and BCM 0133, then I changed brake pressure sensor 02. It's gone now.

Actually I have such error code longer than year and it's appear randomly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm going to do a BCM calibration. I think it had been dead so long the BCM lost its configuration.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Figured I'd also throw in my experience here as well.

I don't have BCM 130 but I do occasionally get BCM 133 and BCM 136 (brake pressure sensors 1 & 2 outside permitted range). I started getting these codes over the past year, and I have been on a year long journey ever since to remedy them. For starters, I replaced my 6 year old battery to rule that out (didnt help).

When you go into VIDA, before you calibrate read off the values of both sensors with the pedal at rest and depressed, it might give you an idea of which sensor is causing the car to throw the codes (IE if one sensor reads obviously out of range such as -90 at rest or something like that). Then try recalibrating.

For me, I found one sensor reading -90 at rest, and low and behold, recalibrating did not solve my issue. This sort of made me feel that one sensor was definitely bad. Asking around, Gustav (contrast on SS) advised me to do a brake flush and do the calibration again. Surprisingly, this has mostly solved my issue. Very occasionally, the car will throw the anti skid message, but clears when the R sits overnight. Gustav told me another option is to ask the dealer for a BCM update which increases the range of acceptable values from the BPS. This I havent done yet ($$$), but I am going to try and clean the connectors with contact cleaner and use some dielectric grease, as this is a procedure VIDA recommends. If Im lucky that will fix it.

TLDR, havent solved my BCM codes yet, but brake flush helped. Try flushing brake fluid and recalibrating/inspecting the sensors. You can go to the dealer to get an update which *might* solve the issue. Worst case is to replace the sensor(s).

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Yeah I need to flush as well. And I also will apply the BCM update via a total can update to fix that range issue.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I do them myself, so its just sub and software cost.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts