SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've run into a bit of a pickle installing my rear bc coilovers. The spring itself is a lot shorter than the original spring (well my H&R springs) and I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it in there when it won't even reach the top of the mount. Anyone familiar with this have any ideas? Also not sure if I should be re-using the rubber mount in the picture. It doesn't seem to fit as well on top of the spring since there's already a rubber strip on it. You can see in the pictures. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You seem to be missing the adjustable metal spring seat:
I do have them. Originally I wasn't gonna use them for max lows but I've decided I will. I think I've figured this out. First off, I actually had the spring upside down...lol. For some reason I thought the perch sat in the lower control arm with the spring on top of that. It's actually vice versa. Perch goes on top of the spring which clears a couple things up for me. I have to get the lower control arm and trailing arm bolt back in (which is such a bitch in itself!) then jack the control arm up and put the shock in. Also I have to set my preload. BC says for separate spring and shock I need 7-10mm of preload. Anyone have any experience with this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts