SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, after a month of having the BC coil overs in my car, I noticed the rear adjusters are in contact with the body work.

I will be cutting this piece away to stop that, but my adjusters are now ruined as the force was substantial. FCP is trying to get me a new set.

Others beware this issue. It's no big deal as long as you know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I ordered mine. Will be grinding that away.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the 7kg springs in front - FCP will custom order them for you. The ride is nice and stiff, but a bit louder with a ton of poly everywhere and stiff coil overs.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hey vectorsc:

This is interesting. What was the part number for that set? I'm using the S60 AWD coilovers from BC racing and there is no rear adjuster (Part number ZG08). Unless BC racing is now making coilovers specifically for the R and this is the one you have, I think you may have the wrong coilovers for your R

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
The contact seems to indicate quite a bit of lateral movement in the rubber mount. Maybe a set of Ryan's spherical bearing mounts are also in order to make the CO's work to their capability.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZG-08BR. Listed as S60 AWD.

Ordered from FCP euro as the right ones.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ZG-08BR. Listed as S60 AWD.

Ordered from FCP euro as the right ones.
Yeah that is the right part number but I thought only the front dampening could be adjusted...hmm.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should look at the top of your rears. If they have a hole in them that goes down into the shock, then yours didn't come with the damper knobs for the rear in the box. They adjust on mine.

They didn't come with damper knobs installed as you have to put the rear nut and springs on it.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Well I'll be damned....you're right, I stand corrected. I just used my Allen tool to get in there since mine are already installed and they are adjustable. Took 3 minutes to do both sides. Seems they were set to 10 from the factory.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
You guys are losing the pint of the thread - you need to eliminate the movement at the top shock mount. You shouldn't have to trip the body of the car to prevent damage to the adjuster.
I suspect that 15 kg springs are severely stressing the upper mount.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah - no other way for it to go and the factory one looked like that from the start. Other interwebs pics show the same thing.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$268 upper mounts or 10 minutes with a rotary tool.

While I may buy the fixed mounts at some later time, it won't be to solve this minor of an issue. There are 24 people that will be able to report on the efficacy of the solid mounts soon, and I look forward to hearing their results.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You guys are losing the pint of the thread - you need to eliminate the movement at the top shock mount. You shouldn't have to trip the body of the car to prevent damage to the adjuster.
I suspect that 15 kg springs are severely stressing the upper mount.

Actually not really. As I just discovered, another option, instead of grinding off the body to allow the adjuster to fit, is simply to not use the provided adjuster and to use an allen tool to adjust it, as I just did. Took me the same amount of time it would've taken if one was to use the provided adjuster (had it fit properly).

·
Registered
220 Posts
How did you even install it without noticing that it hit? That was the first thing I noticed as I installed the rears because they won't seat all the way tight without contact. You can also just grab that sheet metal with some channel locks and bend it upward out of the way; takes a whole 30 seconds.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine seated without hitting when the car was off the ground. Different wear levels of the rear mount I'll bet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts