·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
514 Posts
Same price as direct from BC coils.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice find. Before I got my KW coilovers, I was looking for AWD coilovers from BC, which unfortunately they didn't have at the time. Shame as I would probably would have purchased these.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't think the photos are accurate. The photo shows a cast arm there for the front tie rod to attach. Ours are built into the steering knuckle/wheel bearing housing, not the strut. Also, there really is not room for a true coilover setup in the rear using the factory shock locations. The shock sits in between the wheel and the body. There is not enough room for a spring there.

I considered BC for my AWD. It was my understanding that the FWD version was workable due to the BC's adjustable shock length feature. They can be shortened enough to be suitable for AWD models at reasonable ride heights. If they have created an official application for the P1 AWD models, that's fantastic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a set earlier this year. Unfortunately I've been prevented from installing them myself as planned so I cant comment on ease of installation or performance. I can say that all the research with my local enthusiasts groups pointed to it being a good product. The consensus seemed to be that it's a durable product appropriate for Street use. When speaking with one of the distributors he did tell me that the inverted shock was not ideal for Street. Apparently using that shock on the street will produce a shorter and higher maintenance lifespan. Take it for what it's worth but that's what I was told. I don't think you'll have to go outside the country to get them, though. I got mine for $1,100 from O Star in Florida and that was with the front Spring upgrade. It took a while to get them as, at least as I was told, mine were custom made. Though it is conceivable I'm not sure I buy that. Anyway, it seems like a nice product and I can't wait to get them installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts