SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a set of BC Racing DF Coilovers made for my 06 V70R. I have tried to find the answer to these questions but no success. What do I do with the front accelerometers? Do they get installed on the coilovers or moved to the body via 4C Mod? Do I do a sum calibration after completing install? My caR will be slightly lower. Do I need to shorten the rear sensors? I have already cut out the sensors from my old 4Cs. Will shrink wrap and tuck away. Thanks for replying back to me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Let us know how you like them!

I haven't installed any myself, but I would definitely do a SUM cal now and then again once they settle a bit. You may need to jack up the rear of the car a little if the SUM calibration errors out.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Just installed a set of BC Racing DF Coilovers made for my 06 V70R. I have tried to find the answer to these questions but no success. What do I do with the front accelerometers? Do they get installed on the coilovers or moved to the body via 4C Mod? Do I do a sum calibration after completing install? My caR will be slightly lower. Do I need to shorten the rear sensors? I have already cut out the sensors from my old 4Cs. Will shrink wrap and tuck away. Thanks for replying back to me.
sensors wrapped and tucked...accelerometers wherever u like...calibrate is not necessary but DO IT and only then you'll realize how dumb that system is.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My mate the mechanic did mine, and they are currently tucked up near/behind the headlights, I haven't poked around to see where the rears are, but I assume under the back seat.
I will do a more permanent job one day

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
What the Dougy said! On the bilsteins you just mount to the strut like normal. I don’t see why you need to shorten the tears just wrap them up good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts