SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Volvo V70R
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find it on here now, but there use to be a small write up on installing the BC Racing Coilovers on our P2R's and such, does anyone else have the link?

Install for a 05 VR.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't recall seeing a writeup, but I just did them on my 04 S60R. Fronts are just like any other strut replacement, no big deal. I did manufacture a little metal plate to hold the accelerometer, since the BC struts don't have the extra mounting hole for it.

The rear shock mounts, if you drop the whole thing, are a giant pain in the arse. Use a ratchet strap between the rear arms (so across the car) to keep the wheels from popping up too far. Unhook the swaybar endlinks to make moving the arms easier. You will likely need a 2nd person at some point to drag down the rotor to squeeze the rear shock assembly in, assuming you drop the whole mount. Given the lack of compression, you could probably get away with just undoing the top nut and dropping the shock body out. Use spring compressors if you want to be extra safe.

Mark the rubber spring seat to upper mount alignment with chalk marks. This makes re-assembly significantly easier!

In regards to adjusting the rear shocks, the BC springs are significantly shorter than the stock springs; you will need to raise the perch nuts from the default position on the BCs, and adjust the body length. It's a bit of a guessing game depending on where you want it to ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts