SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the BC coilovers on there car? My car has almost 100k on it and the struts are getting clapped out. Instead of buying new Monroe adjustable struts I thought it might be a better choice for the money to go with the BC coilovers, then I can actually get the ride height I want. What say you Swedespeeders?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I personally like the adjustable (4C) suspension. My previous car had Coilovers on it, and you could adjust the dampening.
I am in the same dilemma as you (kinda) my car is on original struts and where they are okay at the moment I don't think adding lowering springs would be to good for their health. I could be wrong though I don't know maybe some others will chime in...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have TME springs on my stock 4c struts now and they are just not low enough in the back so that is another reason why I want to switch to coilovers. There is also the issue of tricking the 4c wiring so that lights dont come on in the dash. These cars have so much drama.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't speak for them on an s60r but their coilovers for the Evo 8/9 are actually pretty decent for the cost for road and track use. For best results, make sure someone that knows what they're doing dials them in for your needs. I've seen too many poor suspension setups that ruin the geometry of the suspension. Proper settings will make a night and day difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts