SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum. I have a 2005 volvo s40 2.4i and am wondering what bbs or xxr wheels will fit my car IF ANY? I am looking to fit 18" wheels as the stock wheels are 16" and two inches over stock is the recommended biggest size to go on most applications without putting to much wear on suspension components. Also be in mind I am planning on putting coilovers on this vehicle as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS!!

^my goal is to make my vehicle look like this not sure what type of wheels he has...only difference is I want chrome wheels not black.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Any wheels can fit just about any car, but you need to do the math and check the specs.

On your S40, you have a bolt pattern of 5x108 with a 63.4mm center bore. So that's your starting point. You can run other bolt patterns with wheel adapters which will act like spacers and you'll need to take into account the offset of the wheel.
You can run larger center bores with hubcentric rings.

Offset matters greatly depending on how you want the car to stand. Flush, poke, tucked, etc.
But it also matters to make sure you're clearing the shocks and struts.

Don't be afraid to trim the wheel well liners and roll the fenders if you have to. You'll want to if you plan to run anything near flush.

My biggest advice is to dial in your suspension first, then see what wheels/tires you can fit. Or at least keep your wheel/tire setup conservative so that you have room to play with, I'm playing with mm between my fenders and shocks. No problems at all, but I could not change my camber without problems at the current ride height.
I've seen many people buy big wide wheels with meat tires, then discover they could only lower their car on springs to avoid rubbing issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts