SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here we have an opportunity to own a very rare set of wheels that were optional on the Ferrari 360 Challenge Race Cars and extremely lightweight.

Details:
Ferrari Part No.: 182058 /182059
Wheel Type: BBS
RE480(Front)/RE481(Rear)

Featured Specifications
Fits : F360 Challenge Stradale,F360 Modena
Size: Front 18x8J /Rear 18x10.5J
Offsets: (F)ET31.5/ (R)ET39.95
Bolt Pattern: 5x108

These were professionally refinished to perfection and Powdercoated Silver with 2 coats of Super Gloss Clear. They are flawless and have not been mounted to a car since being refinished. The powdercoater took 6 months to complete the job because I demanded perfection. The silver is not as sparkling as the photo’s depict as it is very difficult to photograph and the fine colors and lighting conditions are showing through the very Glossy Clear on my SLR camera.

To make them 100% as original, they have 3 red BBS decals on each wheel around the bolt-holes that I can add for those that want it. (see photo below)

Ferrari catalogue price is $1795 each wheel/$7180 set of 4.

I am looking for $3000 + shipping, and yes they are in BBS boxes.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask as I have mounted many sets of Ferrari wheels on my S60R with no issues.

With the BBS decals that I can also add:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey man, not trying to rain on your parade, but I sold my Challenge set off of my 360 with new Michelin tires for $3,000. Thats a little steep for just the wheels. GLWS!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, not trying to rain on your parade, but I sold my Challenge set off of my 360 with new Michelin tires for $3,000. Thats a little steep for just the wheels. GLWS!
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like someone got a really good deal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Lowenhart I am really intrested in your BBS challenge set of wheels I am on a budget would you consider $2000 for the set ? thanks Gio

·
Registered
3 Posts
also just want to make sure the are perfectly straight not one bend as factory magnesium BBS wheels bend very easy have you had them put on a road force balance machine and verified that they are straight without any bends thanks Gio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my buddy told me these are not Ferrari factory wheels as they never made a 18 inch for the challenge 360 car it was 19 inch these are factory BBS CH wheels with Ferrari caps, please confirm as my offer does not stand if they are not factory 19 inch challenge 360 wheels thanks Gio

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hi my buddy told me these are not Ferrari factory wheels as they never made a 18 inch for the challenge 360 car it was 19 inch these are factory BBS CH wheels with Ferrari caps, please confirm as my offer does not stand if they are not factory 19 inch challenge 360 wheels thanks Gio
The challenge wheels were 18. The stradale wheels were 19. Your buddy is talking about the stradale wheels, which are a different wheel than these.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks SS60 and jothauten.

I have since had the BBS decals added to these as well so they look exactly as pictured in the ebay link above; which by the way is $1799 PER WHEEL.

I have not had the chance to post new photo's yet, but these are still available.

Henry

·
Registered
691 Posts
Since your stating their extremely light weight, how about posting each wheels weight then? I'd like to see after the wheels where refinished if they actually all way the same please.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol there is a list of people that do.

If I can figure out how these would fit my car they May be for sale

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I don't have the Vanillas in stock anymore (funny, as when I had them, they did not fly off the shelves), but if there is enough interest...

Regards to fitting them to the R:

Fronts: Bolt right on no spacers, just need 67>65 hub rings that I can include. Need extended nuts.
Rear: Need spacer of 15MM & included hub rings. Really extended bolts or extended stud conversion or 5x108>5x108 wheel adapter

Henry

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
04/29/13 Updated photos with decals applied:

Looking for best offers around $2850

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have it listed on ebay as well: item # 230972586786

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
I don't have the Vanillas in stock anymore (funny, as when I had them, they did not fly off the shelves), but if there is enough interest...

Regards to fitting them to the R:

Fronts: Bolt right on no spacers, just need 67>65 hub rings that I can include. Need extended nuts.
Rear: Need spacer of 15MM & included hub rings. Really extended bolts or extended stud conversion or 5x108>5x108 wheel adapter

Henry
Thanks for the reply.

I decided to just stick with my vanillas and put my extra money towards exhaust and another one of my cars.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wheels are SOLD, thanks for the interest

1 - 19 of 19 Posts