SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i put a set of S60R brakes on my v70? is that possible? i can't really find a clear answer on the internet. and if not what is a good affordable set that will fit on jaguars 17" wheels?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Right, the short answer is no, only on the rears. For the fronts the easiest kit is the Porsche big red calipers (which are basically the same size & shape as the R brembo calipers) and there are adapters and kits readily available.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i just spent a good hour looking for the 320 brakes and it seems really difficult to get. Any advices?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could i use the rear boxster calipers to put on the front of the volvo?

·
Registered
560 Posts
ok well i just spent a good hour looking for the 320 brakes and it seems really difficult to get. Any advices?
Check the last 2 pages of that VolvoSpeed thread. Two sources are listed for cheap calipers.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
could i use the rear boxster calipers to put on the front of the volvo?
Doubt it, you'd need to get front rotors that matched the specs.

What's your goal here?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My main goal is to put bigger wheels on it and i don't want to keep the stock brakes because they will look like **** with the bigger wheels, thats why I'm trying to upgrade to something bigger and better looking. This is car i just for driving, i don't race it so i don't need the best brakes that are there, i just want something that will nicely will the space in that 17" wheel.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Try to find a set of the 302mm brackets. Then all you need is rotors, it uses the same caliper. It doesn't fill out the wheel like a big brake but it's way better than the 285. Here it is under an 18" wheel.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Can't find a good picture of my fronts but the disc is the same on both ends.

Also check out ceikaperformance for front kits that will save you about $1000 over the 6 piston brembo kits.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Porsche brackets can also be used with the Boxster S calipers which is a much less expensive option than using the 993 calipers.
That is good to know. I like the Mono block calipers better and definitely cheaper!

·
Registered
17,307 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

Can't find a good picture of my fronts but the disc is the same on both ends.

Also check out ceikaperformance for front kits that will save you about $1000 over the 6 piston brembo kits.
Has anyone used the ceika brakes? I was a little worried because I haven't seen any reviews

·
Registered
468 Posts
Has anyone used the ceika brakes? I was a little worried because I haven't seen any reviews
Myself and lookforjoe. He has a full set so I wanted to try them. Didn't get loads if miles in last year but otherwise they were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts