SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crippled ABS module in my '99 C70. Service shop is talking about $6xx for the part. Has anybody used BBA Remanufacturing? I heard they do rebuilds w/ a 2 year warranty, but I want to check with some other Volvo folks before I have them rebuild it (which I've heard is less than 100) or order the part, which is $330 give or take. Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: BBA Remanufacturing (WheresMyVolvo)

You should send your unit to Victor Rocha. His website is here:<p><A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/Volvo_Parts/Volvo_V70_ABS.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~vic...S.htm</A><p>Victor is well known on Swedespeed and on Volvospeed for repairing ABS modules for a very reasonable fee.<p>He fixed mine from my S70 almost two years ago, and it still works great.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I second Victor....$150 for rebuilt ABS (shipping included door to door). Mine was sent on a Monday and came back that same friday and was perfect. This was about a year ago...no problems since!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links to Victor. I'll need to call Victor, but one thing I don't see is any guarantee of performance (BBA has a 2-year warranty). Guessing that in the absense of any feedback on BBA and no warranty from Victor, she'll go w/ the dealer part, which is $$$. I'll email victor and see what he says. Thanks.<p>

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Re: (WheresMyVolvo)

I believe Victor gives a year warranty, but for the price what more can you expect...besides, I've NEVER, and I mean NEVER heard of any issue with his rebuild. Most of the time it out lasts the life of the car. NEVER heard of someone needing a second rebuild from him. As far as BBA, don't know what they do with the ABS, but in regards to their advertised ETM rebuild, I've seen on several boards big problems with it...that it didn't work. There's a guy selling a "bad" rebuild by them right now on eBay....I think the price is at a few dollars...what do you expect?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts