So after the swap, the top still didn’t work 100%. And shortly thereafter, about 2k miles later the head gasket blew lol. I would very highly recommend having a second set of hands help you drop in a new assembly because it’s very heavy.How did the top swap go? Can you elaborate on the procedure for removing/replacing the whole assembly and if you needed to do any re-calibration due to the swap?
If you do take on this endeavor I would make sure that once you remove the top you clean the drain plugs that sit underneath the top. I’d try to clean them in the car cause once they’re out they’re really difficult to get back in as theres almost no space. Otherwise, tear it up it’s pretty straight forward. Take pics, label bolts as you remove them and put them in zip lock bags as you go along if it’ll help. You’ll have to disconnect the wiring harness and lift the rear deck lid manually to access everything.
I didn’t have VIDAS at the time I did this and I had less experience in general. It’s a must to do the calibration properly with VIDAS. There’s quite a few micro switches involved throughout the top on the hinges and elsewhere.
But like I just posted, if you’re in the hole on that C70, or it’s something random and worth it like a saffron T5M, I would invest in another working C70 lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk