SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get Interstate. What is the CCA we need for our cars?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Typically the OEM battery is reasonable. I paid 115 for mine at Volvo of Dallas. Why the boner for Interstate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My R has a interstate in it. I wont have it back for a couple days or I could tell you works great for 2 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Definitely one of my favorite Metallica songs :)

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why the boner for Interstate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
No boner for Interstate, I just knew it was what some folks on here have bought. OEM is fine as well. I will be buying 3 of them so I'm trying save a few bucks.

Sent from my dRoid using Tapatalk 2 ~ baxteR

·
Registered
876 Posts
OEM battery is made by Interstate. Mine lasted 8+ years!!! So this was no-brainer, I replaced it with Interstate.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I would like to get Interstate. What is the CCA we need for our cars?
dont waste you money on interstate , they are not what they use to be in late 80's and early 90's...go to Sam's get a DIEHARD with CA 895 CCA 750 for 89$ it comes with a 3 year free NOT prorated replacement and enjoy. ;)

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
dont waste you money on interstate , they are not what they use to be in late 80's and early 90's...go to Sam's get a DIEHARD with CA 895 CCA 750 for 89$ it comes with a 3 year free NOT prorated replacement and enjoy. ;)
Lol 3 years versus 8 for Interstate?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Lol 3 years versus 8 for Interstate?
every interstate I had past 1995 failed way before prorated 72 or 60 month...now :facepalm: are you talking about your interstate giving you full replacement for free 8 years, cause I want one... lolol ? or, yours was good for 8 years in the trunk of your R without excessive heat coming from an engine bay? or, you just like to talk out of your anal cavity a lot? :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
I don't usually recommend autozone parts all that often... However, I have had great luck with Duralast and Duralast Gold batteries (made by Johnson Controls) in my cars and i like the fact they're every where if it ever dies that I can just swap it out hassle free.

Also Interstate doesn't make the o.e. Volvo battery, they serve as a marketer and distributor for Johnson Controls.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
My OEM battery from 11/2005 lasted until just a few months ago, started cranking slower so I got another OEM battery...

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
:rolleyes:I know this will jinx it but I'm still on my OEM from 10/03.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
:rolleyes:I know this will jinx it but I'm still on my OEM from 10/03.
yeah you jinxed yourself.

I started getting false positive error codes...that's when you know the battery is going south. Voltage has to be steady even when the car is off or CANBUS freaks out. On the upside I gave my old battery to someone who did a desulfication to it and it works just fine. OEM batteries are awesome.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Optima yellow top or bust ;).

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've never owned a car with the Battery in the Trunk prior to my "R".

In Wisconsin, we probably have some of the nastiest temperature extremes on the planet (-30F in Winter, triple-digits in Summer).
In most of my other past cars - I've been lucky to get 3-4 years out of a battery.
My '04 is still going on the original OEM Battery - but I'm probably going to replace it this year "just in case"
(Replacing it in nice weather beats trudging through snow and slop while carrying and attempting to install a new one with numb fingers.)

B-I-L works for Johnson Controls Advanced Battery Group - their stuff is really good, plus he can get me one from Engineering Tests for cheapo...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts