SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just started and I want to give some of you an idea ....I decided to relocated my battery from engine bay to trunk...i'm pretty sure it has not been done like i'm going to do it ,i'll be sinking it in the trunk like it is in newer S60's and S80's not siting it in the trunk .

got my + and - cables soldered up with the old style 850 terminals , which in my opinion are the best design from all models of Volvo's...got my + joint port from Mercedes Benz , which will enable me to jump the car from engine bay in a civil manner...the bottom battery mounting tray I've cut out from s60...all parts are from junk yard except for the SS battery box which is not in this picture yet.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Looking forward to the finished result! I did the same in my C30, took all that weight from over the front left wheel and put it over the back right wheel. Actually made a slightly noticeable difference in handling.

Do you have a sealed battery box with a vent? Or what kind of battery are you using?

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't wait to see the result of your genius idea, buddy! Good luck!
thanks...me too.

Looking forward to the finished result! I did the same in my C30, took all that weight from over the front left wheel and put it over the back right wheel. Actually made a slightly noticeable difference in handling.

Do you have a sealed battery box with a vent? Or what kind of battery are you using?
nice ! stock battery... just a SS box custom made that will get chopped up lill bit and sunk in right next to right side of the spare tire in the back.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
That'll be nice! Do make sure you have a way to properly vent it to the exterior of the car, just so no harmful gasses are emitted into your cabin! Though, I guess it's a bit different having in the trunk of a car vs. the trunk of an open hatchback.
Do the P2Rs have venting in anyway? I've never actually seen their trunk battery setups.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That'll be nice! Do make sure you have a way to properly vent it to the exterior of the car, just so no harmful gasses are emitted into your cabin! Though, I guess it's a bit different having in the trunk of a car vs. the trunk of an open hatchback.
Do the P2Rs have venting in anyway? I've never actually seen their trunk battery setups.
thanks...yes, trunk is vented on each side of the rear bottom quarter panel area, leading out toward the bumper cover...

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is going to be nice. looking forward to the end result
I hope so...thanks:)

that will get cut out and it will be open to spare tire space.

leveling it is pretty challenging since the trunk floor is not flat...i'm using aluminium to shim it and black marked outline of the lip where it is going to get cut bend over.

i love live progress built threads...

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the + through firewall into the engine-bay...if you have a manual i highly recommend swap to AUTO and use the slave hole to run through the + cable ...
...i used a genuine Volvo 240 body plug to run and seal the cable.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
car started perfect, just have to redo tcv and cruise wires and repaint old and new underneath battery areas.

all set trunk

made a tcv mounting bracket

all set
with - and + wires.

ran a new + wire to starter as well.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
had a shnabb Kristian hose for MAF housing in my arsenal of extra silicones ... ordered 11" long dual cone air-filter...and cleaned up and repainted old battery area in preparation for the new set up.

all set in tha back

finally got my air-filter in ... waiting on one more 45 degree elbow to route the air to filter from my fender hole.

happy new year to all.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
That's some nice work there. I'm basically in the same boat as you, with the "friend who can TIG weld":

What color is on the 850?

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's some nice work there. I'm basically in the same boat as you, with the "friend who can TIG weld":

What color is on the 850?
thanks , newer R sonic blue...cool shirt, i wana get one and wear it going out with my wife on her birthday ...lmao... :D...in past 6 years I spent no more than 700$ on all my welding so i just cant see myself buying a 3000$ welding machine and do refills, so i prefab it all and just point :) ...alex is mobile so there is just no way I can't beat his prices to even thinkof buying a welding machine...also he has tire balance / changing machine on his truck...lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts