SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing my battery this afternoon with a group 49 agm. I wanted to know if there is anything special I should know before removing my old one? Like will there be a radio security code? Sorry for the stupid question but I'm coming from vw/audi and all my previous cars once battery is unplugged you need a radio code to unlock it, not sure if Volvo is the same. It a an 07 VR by the way.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks :) it doesnt mention the positive though. I guess I remove the negative and then the pos. Or pos then negative?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Always remove the negative first. That way if your wrench comes into contact with the body you won't have a welding/battery explosion event.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
yes, negative first, and, in our 06 v70 the radio code is in the computer, but the time i have had to reset.

good luck and good choice of 49/h8 size, i did it too, much better staying power.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
VR is H8 by default. Probably why it lasts so long lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i followed the advice I got here and everything went great :) car cranks and starts faster than ever before. So far I'm glad I went with the bigger battery. And thank you for all the tips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts