SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally don't drive my 09 S40 on the weekends, I drive my Lexus Friday-Sunday. Usually when I go to start the S40 on Monday it hesitates a little then starts right up and is fine for the rest of the week. I grabbed something out of the car today and went to lock it and the alarm went off for 5 seconds. I hit the lock button again later and the alarm went off for about 30 seconds. About an hour later I went to unlock it to wash the car and the batter to the car is dead. I tried to use the physical key to unlock the door and it won't unlock. I replaced the battery about a month back and I think I have something draining the power but never thought twice about it since it always started up, but now I can't get the car to unlock. Is it part of the alarm that it deactivates the door lock? Any suggestions how to get the door to unlock or am I going to have to call pop a lock?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. I turned the key in the door and it didn't move the lock.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hook the door handle with coat hanger? That should got you in.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Did you actually try pulling on the handle when you turned the key? The linkage could be disconnected or broken making it look like the door is not unlocking. The key goes directly in the lock though, so if it turns, the door should open.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Also you could hook up jumper cables to another car, or use a jump pack and unlock it.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Also you could hook up jumper cables to another car, or use a jump pack and unlock it.
To what? How would he get the hood open if he can't get in?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you actually try pulling on the handle when you turned the key? The linkage could be disconnected or broken making it look like the door is not unlocking. The key goes directly in the lock though, so if it turns, the door should open.
Yeah I tried to pull on the handle, no luck. I kind of figured the linkage could be disconnected or broken since the key actually turns so I can assume it's the right key.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Not sure I follow. Do you mean the inside handle?

Yea, the US models have a "safety feature" that unlocks the door if you pull the handle on the inside. A horrible design for anti theft but it does make the car super easy to "break into" without damaging anything. I can try to help if you want to PM me but its not too hard. If you pay a lock smith you will be PISSED to see how quickly he can get in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts