SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 98 S70 (base model) for close to two years; bought it used at 18K miles. Aside from the fast-blinking signal lights (which have been permanenlty fixed), the only other disapointment I have is the "softness" of the supension system. The front & rear shocks have a feel of bottoming out when you drive over a speed bump at slow speed. The lean on curves is also too much. The car has been like this since the beginning. Here are my questions?... Does anyone feel the same way about the S70 suspension? Are suspension systems on GLT & T5 models tighter than the base mode? If so, what would it take to "upgrade" the suspension? Are there better after-market systems that are designed for the S70's.<P>Thanks.<BR>Shum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've owned my 98 S70 (base model) for close to two years; bought it used at 18K miles. Aside from the fast-blinking signal lights (which have been permanenlty fixed), the only other disapointment I have is the "softness" of the supension system. The front & rear shocks have a feel of bottoming out when you drive over a speed bump at slow speed. The lean on curves is also too much. The car has been like this since the beginning. Here are my questions?... Does anyone feel the same way about the S70 suspension? Are suspension systems on GLT & T5 models tighter than the base mode? If so, what would it take to "upgrade" the suspension? Are there better after-market systems that are designed for the S70's.<P>Thanks.<BR>Shum
I have been considering the same thing for my 1999 S70 T5. I ran across a website by ipd (ipdusa.com), where they are selling proprietary anti-sway bars, overload springs for the rear and bilstein HD shocks for the front. Just check them out. Some combination of these things should work out well for you. Should be about $300. They are in Portland, but ordering is available online. Nice weekend project. :cool:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
LOL! That has to be some kinda record! Hell of a 1st post. Bravo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts