SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just received 3 XC60's yesterday. Loaded demo and a silver and barrents blue with climate. Come on out and drive and check them out.
The car is heads and shoulders above the Q5 and GLK IMO! Nicely put together.

Hope to see you here,
Wayne
http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (WA V50 T5)

Quote, originally posted by WA V50 T5 »
We just received 3 XC60's yesterday. Loaded demo and a silver and barrents blue with climate.

Barents Blue sounds nice. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

The car is heads and shoulders above the Q5 and GLK IMO! Nicely put together.

Should I be surprised that you said this?

Occupation Volvo Sales

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (MagoonR)

Actually, I'm not surprised for the simple fact that the Volvo seems better put together than the Benz and at least on par with the Audi, but the overall utility and comfort of the Volvo blow the doors off both of those competitors.

AND, 6 years later, the competition still do NOT offer Roll Stability Control! (ESP and Benz' Rollover Sensor are not even close to the same thing.) What is that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We pulled our demo out front at Ravenna Volvo after cleaning it up and within moments, there were customers in every seat. Ah, the positive remarks and nice thoughts! I can't help but get excited. We got our cars too: Terra Bronze x 2, Black Sapphire x 1, 1 x Savile grey, and 1 x Electric Silver.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A little background with me, I work at a dealership that sells Porshe, Mercedes, Audi, and Volvo. I have access to the main competition any time I want. I have driven the GLK and Q5 and brought them into the showroom and gone over every inch of them. The Volvo stands heads and shoulders above them both. There is no comparison on utility and safety features. Audi does offer side assist (Blis). Cargo space is also where the XC60 outshines them both. Remember these are supposed to be "Crossovers" not just people haulers. I just drove the XC60 yesterday on a little 30 mile errand and can not see why people would not really enjoy this vehicle. I was amazed how quite the engine was. More so than the S80T6 and XC70T6. If you want more growel you always can make a exhaust system upgrade if thats you thing. I love all cars and manufactures but this one is good! Peace! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (T Schroeder)

Good points Tom!

I drove it to Renton and back yesterday and WOW! Nice feel, plenty of power, and just a solid feeling vehicle. You could drive this car cross country and never get tired of being behind the wheel.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

A little background with me, I work at a dealership that sells Porshe, Mercedes, Audi, and Volvo. I have access to the main competition any time I want. I have driven the GLK and Q5 and brought them into the showroom and gone over every inch of them. The Volvo stands heads and shoulders above them both. There is no comparison on utility and safety features. Audi does offer side assist (Blis). Cargo space is also where the XC60 outshines them both. Remember these are supposed to be "Crossovers" not just people haulers.

So I come into your dealership and want to buy the GLK or Q5...........would you steer me to the XC60 or take the sale?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I will give you the features and benefits of the Volvo and a fair assessment of the competition, that's how I sell. It's your decision on what you want to buy. I know Volvo is not everyone's cup of tea and I appreciate that. Some people get wrapped up in the three pointed star and do not see beyond that, fine. Reliability on both Audi and Merc is average at best, they do not stand above Volvo on that. Styling is subjective at best. You will like what you like.

Thanks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

We sold our first on on Friday!! Silver/Anthracite with climate. Customer came out of a XC90 lease.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

We sold our first on on Friday!! Silver/Anthracite with climate. Customer came out of a XC90 lease.

Sold our first on Sat. Also coming out of an XC90.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
Must not be for the mileage.

Nah.......just someone wanting to have the latest thing and figuring that since it is smaller, it will get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (nobbe3728)

Quote, originally posted by nobbe3728 »
If they were getting out of a V8 XC90 maybe, but aren't the 3.2 90 and 60 nearly the same?

That's my point.

Smaller doesn't translate to (much) better gas mileage.

It's better, but not order of magnitude better.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

That's my point. Smaller doesn't translate to (much) better gas mileage.

Yeah, smaller.

Keep in mind that the XC60 is over 4000 lbs.

It all becomes clear after that.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Barrier Volvo - Bellevue WA XC60 Arrival!! (RearWheelPaul)

Quote, originally posted by RearWheelPaul »

Yeah, smaller.

Keep in mind that the XC60 is over 4000 lbs.

It all becomes clear after that.

I said smaller, not lighter.

At least when I drive it I can understand why it weighs so much.

My MDX is pretty heavy, and all the pieces feel light.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts

We're agreeing on the same issue, Needs.

The XC60 is still a fairly large and quite heavy vehicle. Anyone "downsizing" from an XC90 isn't going to notice a big fuel economy advantage.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

We're agreeing on the same issue, Needs.

The XC60 is still a fairly large and quite heavy vehicle. Anyone "downsizing" from an XC90 isn't going to notice a big fuel economy advantage.

Exactly.

Drop in interior space without any perceived benefits like fuel mileage.

Poopy.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts

At the other end of the spectrum are minivans.

Much more interior space than SUVs. Proportionally lighter for a given volume. The result? Generally better fuel economy.

Mass is a significant factor in fuel economy. Interior volume is not.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,293 Posts

At the other end of the spectrum are minivans.

And a lot of us won't be caught dead driving one. I know I wouldn't.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.