SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a CPO 2016 with 38K miles. The brakes look like they've been serviced fairly recently (within last 10K miles per CarFax anyway). Braking feels fine, but I am getting a noise and can feel it when this occurs. It occurs every time I switch between drive/reverse and so much as touch the brake pedal. It only makes this noise 1 time until I switch gears (drive/reverse) and touch the brakes again.

Any ideas what this might be or if it'd hopefully be covered under CPO?

Video: https://imgur.com/a/jAcUQ2X

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops... new link: https://imgur.com/a/jAcUQ2X

Seems weird if that's an ABS test. It only comes from the front driver side area, and the intensity of the noise & feeling varies. I've also never had a vehicle do this, nor did the 2019 XC60 I had.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If that was ABS self check we would all have the click. It is not on MY20 V90 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brake pads are shifting in the calipers, mine did the same after I replaced the pads, both front and back. Factory ones were bonded to the calipers. Volvo doesn't use spring clips to hold the pads and take out some of slop in the fit of the backer plate, I bonded shims on the edges of the pad backing plate to take up most of the slop, but sill allow the pad to move in and out, same thing the spring clips would do if they were part of the design. I don't know how much tolerance is allowed in the backing plates, but they would have to error on the small side, else they wouldn't fit and if they were wedged in, they would drag vs releasing

·
Registered
151 Posts
If I put the car away wet from a car wash the pads will stick to the rotors and cause a bang-pop. One time it scared the wife enough that she came back in the house and made me come out and look. She thought maybe she ran over something she couldn't see. I've never given it much thought when it happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts