SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

Do you have it? And do you actually use it and find it convenient?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have it in mine...I love it. I use it all the time for small grocery loads. I also have the Volvo OEM cargo mats, which are 3 sections. I can lift up the bag holder with the rear section removed or flipped up and it works fine.

My wife just got an XC40 - it's cargo organization is even better than ours.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
Have it in my V90CC but never used it. I always use the grocery bag hooks (2 on either side) to hold all the bags. The hooks, I find, are more convenient than this arrangement as they are right there in front of you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have it, but rarely, rarely use it. I keep the plastic floor protector mat in mine and just use the hooks.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This was a ~$500 option for us and we didn't feel it was worth it. Instead we keep the (free!) third row up so the back of the third row seats act as a wall to prevent objects from flying forward. We couldn't think of a situation that would benefit from the 3rd row seats down with that divider (which we didn't get) up - but that's us. YMMV
We grocery shop once a week and fill the space behind the third row quite fully. Even with just one plastic grocery bag back there (which we don't hook) or one paper grocery bag wedged into a corner my driving style isn't crazy enough to throw objects around. Using those handy wall side hooks would probably be fine for folks who like to race and test their 0-60mph (0-100km/h for the rest of the world) times when doing grocery runs
We spent our $500 elsewhere! Good luck with your MY2020 and great to hear from someone in Greece!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Only good for light bags. One of mine pulled out of the “Pressed cardboard” flap when I had a grocery bag attached - pulled out during the drive and turns. The clips on either side of the hatch are better and stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was a ~$500 option for us and we didn't feel it was worth it. Instead we keep the (free!) third row up so the back of the third row seats act as a wall to prevent objects from flying forward. We couldn't think of a situation that would benefit from the 3rd row seats down with that divider (which we didn't get) up - but that's us. YMMV
We grocery shop once a week and fill the space behind the third row quite fully. Even with just one plastic grocery bag back there (which we don't hook) or one paper grocery bag wedged into a corner my driving style isn't crazy enough to throw objects around. Using those handy wall side hooks would probably be fine for folks who like to race and test their 0-60mph (0-100km/h for the rest of the world) times when doing grocery runs
We spent our $500 elsewhere! Good luck with your MY2020 and great to hear from someone in Greece!
Thank you all for the replies!
From what i saw the bag holder can only be used when 3rd row seats are down?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought a cargo net for $23 or so from eBay and never need to use it even though mine came with it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you all for the replies!
From what i saw the bag holder can only be used when 3rd row seats are down?
When the third row seats are raised the backs do prevent the bag holder from being able to be raised up, yes. It's too bad - it would have been nice to have had it available even when the seats are up. On the other hand, with the seats up, the area is small enough that you don't need the bag holder to partition the cargo area.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I use it rarely, mostly because there is a two-piece cargo mat in the trunk and you have to take it out (at least one piece) in order to use it. But we used it sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts