SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, is there a search feature in this forum that I am just not seeing? I was interested in removing the badges on the rear of my XC and did not want to start a thread that had already been discussed. If it's already been discussed, could somebody just tell me where to look? <P>Otherwise, has anyone had any experience removing the badges? Does the old hairdryer and dental floss do the trick? Darrel, I noticed on your site that your badges slowly disappeared. Any problems removing them?<P>Thanks, and sorry if this is an old topic.<P>Frank<P>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Frank -<P>I don't recall this being brought up here before. ....and where the heck <I>is</I> that search function?<P>Anyway, removing the little stick-on characters is quite easy. In fact, it's so easy that my "V" fell off on it's own while I was washing, which is why I began removing more. What I've done with great results is just warming them up (if you have sun where you are now, and a dark car, that will be plenty - but I used a heat-gun....gently!) and pulling them off with my fingernail under one edge. A plastic spreading tool will save a nail though. Just get one edge up, and you're good to go. None of them have left any goo behind. If you use the dental floss method, you then have to remove the goop. With one shot of wax after removal, there is no way to tell anything was ever there (obviously good to get them off dark cars before there is any fading).<P>Ironically, I digitally removed the badges on my site pictures just to see what people thought before I really removed them. I actually still have the "Volvo" and the "T5" on there now, but the whole "V70" is gone. I'll probably take the rest off this spring during my first major detail of the car. I've never been a big fan of badges. They just catch crap.<P>- Darell<P>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, Darell. Think this will be one of my projects as soon as the snow melts and the weather warms up a bit.<P>Frank<P>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Now you've inspired me to go pull the rest of mine off.<P>I have people ask me what my car is even while they stand there staring at the big chrome "Volvo." Can't wait to see what happens when I take it all off.<P>- Darell<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Shoot, we meant to activate that. We had it off while we were on the old servers. I just shot an email out to get it activated again.<P>On removal....what he said. I tried thread/floss on mine and it left goop. Try the heat approach. Of course, the older the car, the harder that will be to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts