SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 xc90 3.2 and the badge fell off the grill!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have a 2007 xc90 3.2 and the badge fell off the grill!
There is a recall for the front badge where Volvo will replace it. I believe the flaw is with the Volvo portion falling off the iron mark. You should be able to go to your dealer for it to be serviced.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
If after 200,000 miles the badge falls off my car, and the worst thing that happens, which causes me to post on a technical forum, I would be bragging that that's the worst. Get your Volvo zillion mile badge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer said its 80$ for the badge!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The dealer said its 80$ for the badge!
I'll look for the Volvo recall notice/letter we received about it to see if there's a reference number. It's from VCNA so I'd be surprised if Canada isn't included.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know because the dealer once said that we needed brakes because they were down to 3mm for $1000, we said we'll wait. Then we went to a different Volvo and they said you still have 6mm on the pads.

Sometimes i think they just want your money:mad:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My brother in law doesn't know much about cars and took his honda civic in for an oil change and came out with a 900 dollar front brake job. I wanted to smack him in the head. I hate dealers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks I hate dealers too. But thats BS did your brother even sign for the brakes?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah they told him he needed them and it was dangerous and they just had a kid.. I don't know, I know they weren't that bad because the car only had 15k on it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dealer replaced my badge for free. I was at 44k miles so it was still under warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts