SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My old car made a noise very similar to that when my boost gauge line melted. Basically it was like having a huge rip in the vac line that runs from the CBV to the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old car made a noise very similar to that when my boost gauge line melted. Basically it was like having a huge rip in the vac line that runs from the CBV to the intake manifold.
but that noise from a vac line?

it sounds exactly like a little electric motor spinning up with lots of power

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It only takes a very small nick on on of the compressor blades to get turbo whine. Any inlet tract parts upstream of turbo (air cleaner to turbo inlet) recently?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check for a vacuum leak but you don't seem to be over boosting thus no pressure leak. The turbo will sound like a dentist drill when its on the way out :-(

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Sounds like a boost leak.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
He is hitting 18 psi for those suspecting a leak...
Doesn't matter. A tiny pinhole leak would allow you to achieve max boost as the computer would adjust to compensate for it over time yet would still whistle. I was hitting 14-15psi consistently but found multiple boost leaks in my charge piping when I pressure tested.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Doesn't matter. A tiny pinhole leak would allow you to achieve max boost as the computer would adjust to compensate for it over time yet would still whistle. I was hitting 14-15psi consistently but found multiple boost leaks in my charge piping when I pressure tested.
Fair enough. I just know that the OP did a pressure test and supposedly (key word) fixed all the leaks ;)

Connor, break out the soapy water again :D

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fair enough. I just know that the OP did a pressure test and supposedly (key word) fixed all the leaks ;)

Connor, break out the soapy water again :D
I'm goin to have to I guess...to bad it cannot be done til this weekend lol.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Or you can just go ahead and buy a GT3071R !

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
+1 and give it to me.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts