SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Badswede.com is now XC70liftkit.com! We've got 2" lift kits in stock for 2001 to mid-2007 Volvo AWD V70/S60/XC70 P2 Platforms. We are working to develop lift kits for both the mid-2007 to present P3 XC70s and 2002-20014 XC90s. Prototyping will begin soon, with testing and manufacturing to follow. We HOPE to have them ready to ship by spring or summer of 2016. In addition, we hope to have some prototype light bars and bull bars this winter. Please check us out at the site or email us at [email protected].

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
nice! I'm in for the bull bar!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has there been any resolution to the issue of the lift chewing up axles? I would love to do this lift, as my wife wants a taller-riding vehicle and I am from the world of Jeep, where everything gets lifted. Really looking for an affordable, reliable lift! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Has there been any resolution to the issue of the lift chewing up axles? I would love to do this lift, as my wife wants a taller-riding vehicle and I am from the world of Jeep, where everything gets lifted. Really looking for an affordable, reliable lift! Thanks!
jurys still seems to be out on this issue and what exactly is the cause. The truth as I see it is that just about ANY lift has the potential to do this sort of damage. It's not so much the fault of the lift itself as it is the lack of complimentary aftermarket parts to help relieve or eliminate the stresses that lifting the vehicle puts on axle, suspension, and driveline components. The jeep, toyota, and even Subaru off road communities have tons of options in this dept. we have none :-(

I just wanted to say that since mighty jak was super helpful and forthright in addressing this issue with me when I was making my purchase.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good points, Satchel; there are risks involved with any reengineering of meticulously designed mechanical parts. Perhaps I should have worded my question differently. I do not mean to imply that the lift was the cause of the axle failure, but rather, that it seems to have been an observed side effect in some cars. I suppose my question is really whether that side effect has been observed in other cars, since? I am really very intereted!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Has anyone installed this? I plan to raise my 07 XC70 and would like to hear any input.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Has anyone installed this? I plan to raise my 07 XC70 and would like to hear any input.
If all goes well, I should be installing these in about 3 weeks; FINALLY. I'm looking forward to it and will post back here once I have.

Been sitting on the springs in my basement for near 6 months now biding my time. The main issue to contend with from my research is failure of high mileage CV joints since most people installing these are doing so on vehicles that already have 100-200k on OEM axles, AND installing larger tires when they do so. It's a lot of stress on those joints at steep angles.

GearheadNY and Tomtoth here on the forum are both running the lift and love it. MightyJak who started this thread and runs bad swede also has it installed and was happy to speak to me about his experience as well when I emailed him.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If all goes well, I should be installing these in about 3 weeks; FINALLY. I'm looking forward to it and will post back here once I have.

Been sitting on the springs in my basement for near 6 months now biding my time. The main issue to contend with from my research is failure of high mileage CV joints since most people installing these are doing so on vehicles that already have 100-200k on OEM axles, AND installing larger tires when they do so. It's a lot of stress on those joints at steep angles.

GearheadNY and Tomtoth here on the forum are both running the lift and love it. MightyJak who started this thread and runs bad swede also has it installed and was happy to speak to me about his experience as well when I emailed him.
Ok that is good to know. I have to fully understand the condition of my XC70 first. I already ordered basic parts to bring it to stage 0. I will post the progress and hopely by the end of this year, I can start working on real fun stuff. I can't wait to see yours with Bad Swede installed.

·
Registered
535 Posts

@youngsatchel, I thought you had already installed the lift springs?

Looking at doing this on the Warwagon as well. . . do they stiffen the car up at all?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
@youngsatchel, I thought you had already installed the lift springs?

Looking at doing this on the Warwagon as well. . . do they stiffen the car up at all?
Nope!

If you follow my thread you probably recall all my back and forth about it. Decided to hold off until had a second car cuZ I got two kids and need a car in service 24/7. That happened; so UP we go soon!

They supposed to be like 15% stiffer if I recall? Don't quote me on that number tho.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Is the grill going to be put back in production. I would love to get my hands on one of those.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is the grill going to be put back in production. I would love to get my hands on one of those.
+1

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
+1

+2.

But that was a product of the "old" bad swede which is since under new ownership. Unsure how that works legally/logistically. There was also talk of bull bars in this thread, as well as sub frame spacer kits in another thread somewhere. Would be rad if any of this stuff sees the light of day. **** I'd even take a nice sticker Hahahaha.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
+2.

But that was a product of the "old" bad swede which is since under new ownership. Unsure how that works legally/logistically. There was also talk of bull bars in this thread, as well as sub frame spacer kits in another thread somewhere. Would be rad if any of this stuff sees the light of day. **** I'd even take a nice sticker Hahahaha.
Subframe spacers, didn't the IPD build just use cutting boards and longer bolts? Would be super easy to replicate.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Subframe spacers, didn't the IPD build just use cutting boards and longer bolts? Would be super easy to replicate.
Yup.

I'm not saying I would buy them if Bad swede made them. I can just have my old shop CNC the HDPE for me. Just wish they would make more stuff in general is all...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah, that and shock/ strut spacers, which I plan on making for WarWagon :)

Why aren't more people lifting these things?!?!?!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah, that and shock/ strut spacers, which I plan on making for WarWagon :)

Why aren't more people lifting these things?!?!?!
I got my lift in.. And oversized tires... I'd go another 2 inches.. Just need the time and spacers to do it...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts