SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having this problem intermitently with starting and was wondering if anyone has had this problem...<P>Randomly, my engine turns over.. putters a few times, and then dies... and this only happens when it has been sitting for about a day..<P>Starting a second time is fine, The rest of the time its perfect.. engine response is still great.. <P>I'm guessing either clogged injectors or a fuel filter problem.. Although I have used a few injector/fuel system cleaner treatments to no avail.. Any thoughts? <P>Thanks guys...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine does exactly the same.<P>Normally I don't touch the accelerator when starting the car, but if it's been sitting for more than 24hrs then a short prod on the go pedal seems to help. I suspect it's just due to evaporation. If I remember correctly there's also something in the manual about leaving the ignition switch at position II for a second before starting to allow fuel pressure to build.<P>I've also experienced trouble starting the car after it's previously been run for very short periods (say less than 30s). I've read various reasons as to why this happens but it's a situation worth avoiding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts