SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started yesterday from San Jose on our OSD trip to Barcelona via Chicago & Copenhagen. It seems that weather in Chicago was bad so they delayed all flights to Chicago. Our flight was 4 hours late and consequently we missed our SAS connection to Copenhagen and are currently stuck in Chicago. We are now scheduled to take the same flight today which means our Barcelona leg gets shorter by a day.

I called the hotel to take care of the reservation. The airport transfer company that is supposed to pick us up from the airport is inflexible and will not pick us up a day later. The people who have taken the Barcelona trip, can you tell us how far the airport is from Hotel St. Moritz? Any idea how much the taxi fares would be?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Bad start to our OSD trip :( (AccuView)

Quote, originally posted by AccuView »
We started yesterday from San Jose on our OSD trip to Barcelona via Chicago & Copenhagen. It seems that weather in Chicago was bad so they delayed all flights to Chicago. Our flight was 4 hours late and consequently we missed our SAS connection to Copenhagen and are currently stuck in Chicago. We are now scheduled to take the same flight today which means our Barcelona leg gets shorter by a day.

I called the hotel to take care of the reservation. The airport transfer company that is supposed to pick us up from the airport is inflexible and will not pick us up a day later. The people who have taken the Barcelona trip, can you tell us how far the airport is from Hotel St. Moritz? Any idea how much the taxi fares would be?

Cheers!

Sandeep,

I am sorry to see that your trip did not start well.

Anyway, Barceloan taxis usually charge anywhere from €41.- to €43.- for a one-way trip from the Airport to the center of the city. Roundtrip purchase will save you some money; about €72.-

Best of luck and let me know how it works. Please save your can receipt and send me a copy; I will see what I can do for you.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Bad start to our OSD trip :( (GrecianVolvo)

Sandeep,

I am sorry to see that your trip did not start well.

Anyway, Barcelona taxis usually charge anywhere from €41.- to €60.- for a one-way trip from the Airport to the center of the city. Roundtrip purchase will save you some money; about €72.- to €100.- Make sure you take a TAXI and not a minibus or limousine.

Best of luck and let me know how it works. Please save your cab receipt and send me a copy; I will see what I can do for you.

In addition to that, here are some useful numbers you may have for your stay in Barcelona:

Medical emergencies: 061
General emergencies: 112
Emergencies and traffic accidents: 088
Local police: 092
National police: 091
Civil police force: 062
Fire service: 080
Consumer assistance: 934 027 841
Pharmacies: 934 810 060
Taxis: 934 811 085
Taxis for disabled: 934 208 088
Barcelona tourist board: 906 301 282
Barcelona information (inside Barcelona): 010
Barcelona information (outside Barcelona): 906 427 017
Lost property office: 010
Metropolitan Public Transport: 010
Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat: 932 051 515
National train service (RENFE): 902 240 202
Barcelona airport: 932 983 838
Barcelona port authority: 933 068 800
Lost bank cards: Visa/ MasterCard: 933 152 512 - American Express: 915 720 320

Yannis

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yannis,

Thanks for the offer and the important information about Barcelona. I really appreciate it. The flight leaves in 4 hours so the excitement is building again. Looks like we may finally be able to use those SAS lounge tickets here in Chicago due to the wait.

Cheers!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

In the end, the cab ride to St. Moritz from the airport was not too bad at only 22 Euros. What was worse was that SAS/Spanair lost one of our bags so we were without some of our essentials in Barcelona. When they finally found the bag, it was too late to be delivered to us since our flight was scheduled to depart in 4 hrs so we collected the bag from the airport on our way to Gothenburg.

The misfortunes of our bags followed us to Gothenburg where SAS now lost not one but two bags this time. Fortunately, the bags were located sooner this time around and by evening all of our bags were in our company for the first time in our trip, albeit 4 days into the trip.

Anyhow, we take delivery of our XC90 tomorrow and nothing can beat that excitement. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
129 Posts

Sandeep, be sure to tell "Maria" at the FDC that "Mike and Melanie" said hi!

Enjoy your new car and don't let the luggage situation take away from an exciting trip. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Bad start to our OSD trip :( (Kodabear)

Quote, originally posted by Kodabear »
Sandeep, be sure to tell "Maria" at the FDC that "Mike and Melanie" said hi!

Enjoy your new car and don't let the luggage situation take away from an exciting trip. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

Hey Mike,

Yes, I remember that. It is on my to-do list at the FDC along with other things I need to have done to the car.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by AccuView »
Anyhow, we take delivery of our XC90 tomorrow and nothing can beat that excitement. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Sandeep, on a lighter note...let's hope that they [Volvo] did not forget to put 4 wheels on your new XC90!

Well, starting with the delivery of your new baby, things are about to turn for the best!
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yannis

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »
Sandeep, on a lighter note...let's hope that they [Volvo] did not forget to put 4 wheels on your new XC90!

Well, starting with the delivery of your new baby, things are about to turn for the best!
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Yannis

Just returned to Gothenburg after a trip to Stockholm and subsequent drop-off at the FDC. The drive to Stockholm and back was excellent.

The last time I checked (while parting with our XC90 at the FDC after drop-off), it still had 4 wheels. Let's hope they are all there when the car gets here.

Speaking of which, can you tell me how to track a ship's progress? I know the ship's name and I am sure I have seen the information before but I am too tired to search now. Maybe if I don't get a response, I will perform a search in a few hours.

The biggest surprise of all - THEY STARTED THE FACTORY TOUR THIS MONDAY (APRIL 3RD). I was all set to skip the lame Volvo Brand Experience Tour. The folks at the FDC remembered my email inquiry about the tour and that was the first thing they told me when we arrived. The factory tour was awesome.

And yes, Mike! I did say hi to Maria. She sends back her regards to the "lovebirds."

Modified by AccuView at 9:42 AM 4-7-2006

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

THEY STARTED THE FACTORY TOUR THIS MONDAY (APRIL 3RD).

Thanks http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Very helpful info...glad you had a great trip! did you take the southern route thru Jonkoping..or the longer Northern route? Both are scenic! Post some pics!!!!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

Accuview............

Go to Auto Cargo first...then put your vin in the Cargo ID line...hit track and you should have it! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Premium Member
724 Posts

I can personally empathize with your dilemma, our sas flight was canceled in Chicago 8 hrs before our flight. Fortunately for us, Yannis, The travel company and Volvo TDS arranged for an alternate flight directly to London for the 1st leg of the flight on United.

Yannis & Volvo saved the day for us, else we would have lost a whole day of travel.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Bad start to our OSD trip :( (myxc90)

Quote, originally posted by myxc90 »
I can personally empathize with your dilemma, our sas flight was canceled in Chicago 8 hrs before our flight. Fortunately for us, Yannis, The travel company and Volvo TDS arranged for an alternate flight directly to London for the 1st leg of the flight on United.

Yannis & Volvo saved the day for us, else we would have lost a whole day of travel.

We tried that with Corporate travel and United directly. The challenge was that we were flying to Barcelona which had limited connections compared to more popular destinations like London or Paris. United had one connection via Munich which would put us in Barcelona at approximately the same time as the original itinerary but unfortunately there were no seats available.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts