SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 S40, Okay so the area I live in we have gotten a lot of moisture the last few days and the car does sit outside, after it's been sitting all night I get into it in the morning and put the car in reverse and start pulling out. The problem is hear there is a terrible sound coming from the rear passenger side, and it happens only in reverse. But after I drive a few blocks, I will pull over and put it in reverse and let it roll a bit. No more loud sound.

·
Registered
113 Posts
05 S40, Okay so the area I live in we have gotten a lot of moisture the last few days and the car does sit outside, after it's been sitting all night I get into it in the morning and put the car in reverse and start pulling out. The problem is hear there is a terrible sound coming from the rear passenger side, and it happens only in reverse. But after I drive a few blocks, I will pull over and put it in reverse and let it roll a bit. No more loud sound.
Dirty brakes?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yup rust on the rotors.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have that, no biggie.

Weird thing is that no matter the weather, this never happened on my dad's V70. Was quite surprised to hear it the first time.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I put on high nickel and plated rotors and have never had the issue again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts