SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know that any Volvo veing destroyed isn't a good thing, but does anyone know if any 'rare' Volvos were lost when the car transporter sunk in the English Channel last night? I'm referring to cars like S60R's, V70R's and S80 75th Anniversary's... It would be awful if any of you had your names down for an S60/V70R and now you'll have to wait a long time for your cars... Same goes for XC90s as I've only seen 1 on the UK roads so far. Hope only a few XC90s were on the boat. Apparently a percentage of the cars was bound for the U.S...

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Bad News? (oliver2015)

quote:

Alright, I know that any Volvo veing destroyed isn't a good thing, but does anyone know if any 'rare' Volvos were lost when the car transporter sunk in the English Channel last night? I'm referring to cars like S60R's, V70R's and S80 75th Anniversary's... It would be awful if any of you had your names down for an S60/V70R and now you'll have to wait a long time for your cars... Same goes for XC90s as I've only seen 1 on the UK roads so far. Hope only a few XC90s were on the boat. Apparently a percentage of the cars was bound for the U.S...
Unless Volvo were bringing some prototypes here for further testing, no orders of R models were on board because, simply, the cars are not up for sale, yet.

XC90s? I am sure there were some. 75th Anniversary S80s? No, because these were 2002.5 models. I am sure that there were a few 2003 S80 T6 Elite cars.

Here is another question...how many Overseas Delivery cars were on board, that their owners bade them farewell and dropped them off after having driven them in Europe???

Yannis

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: Bad News? (GrecianVolvo)

At least one Rubine(?) red S60 has died in there.
Saw it's bumper come out of the water on the news last night.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Bad News? (GrecianVolvo)

quote:

Here is another question...how many Overseas Delivery cars were on board, that their owners bade them farewell and dropped them off after having driven them in Europe???

Yannis
You think Volvo will offer some kind of compensation for people in this situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts

My replacement 2003 S60 2.4T is probably on it....

We were told it was in Sweden a couple weeks ago and should be at its destination in Pennsylvania near the first of the year.

Chances are much > 0%! Argh! http://********************/smile/emsad.gif

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Bad News? (s60_mi)

Well this is all very frustrating for those who will likely take a late delivery on their new imports.

However, to play on the title of this thread, the Good News (from what I gather) is that no one was seriously injured as a result of the property loss.

That said, I'm still waiting for my 03 S60AWD (due in February) to arrive, so I know how slow the time can go when you want to hop into a car you've ordered months earlier.

I'd very much like to know if Volvo is planning some sort of compensation for oversea delivery scenarios in this case.

At this point I think that is the big (and evolving) story, here.

·
Registered
6 Posts

There were approx 2000 Volvos on the ship, 350 were XC90's, which of course is not good for Volvo as they have enough problems keeping them on lots here in the States. (Learned this from someone high up in Volvo)

[Modified by DMF in Jersey, 5:09 AM 12-28-2002]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Bad News? (DMF in Jersey)

quote:

There were approx 2000 Volvos on the ship, 350 were XC90's, which of course is not good for Volvo as they have enough problems keeping them on lots here in the States. (Learned this from someone high up in Volvo)
NO $HIT!!! http://********************/smile/emsmileo.gif

Yannis http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.