SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headliner is sagging pretty bad in the back corner, any recommendations on repair? Definitely do not want to have to replace the whole headliner.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What year is your car? That does seem pretty bad for something <10 years old. Only car I've seen w/ similar sag was an 80's BMW that lived most of its life parked in direct sun.

I wonder if Atlanta humidity contributed to that.

Anyways, you could try pinning it up. Haven't done this myself, but I'd locate some long, narrow pins, coat them w/ super glue (or similar adhesive) and stick them in while stretching the headliner out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your car? That does seem pretty bad for something <10 years old. Only car I've seen w/ similar sag was an 80's BMW that lived most of its life parked in direct sun.

I wonder if Atlanta humidity contributed to that.

Anyways, you could try pinning it up. Haven't done this myself, but I'd locate some long, narrow pins, coat them w/ super glue (or similar adhesive) and stick them in while stretching the headliner out.

It's an 06'. Yeah i was actually thinking the same thing lol. I was actually thinking about doing the pin route as well. Hopefully that method will do the trick.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Understand you don't want to replace the headliner. Should you change your mind I contacted 3 local auto interior shops and one wanted $325, another wanted $350 and the last wanted $425

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cheap fix: make an incision in a corner (for instance, next to the rear window) and apply fabric adhesive, stick it back up. That should hold quite a while and cost no more than 5 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Replacing the whole headliner is not bad, I've done a few cars. You can buy a fairly close match fabric at JoAnn's for ~$30. The headliner adhesive is $17 at Autozone.
Do you have a sunroof? Removing the sunroof isn't bad, but if you don't have a sunroof, it makes it that much easier.

There's a good write up in the stickies. If I can find the spare time, I'd be more than willing to help out and walk you through it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the quotes guys. Definitely trying to save money on this venture, so i will probably go the DIY route.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Replacing the whole headliner is not bad, I've done a few cars. You can buy a fairly close match fabric at JoAnn's for ~$30. The headliner adhesive is $17 at Autozone.
Do you have a sunroof? Removing the sunroof isn't bad, but if you don't have a sunroof, it makes it that much easier.

There's a good write up in the stickies. If I can find the spare time, I'd be more than willing to help out and walk you through it.
Do have a sunroof unfortunately. Yeah i do want to eventually just replace the whole headliner, but it's not the most urgent project. If you do ever have some free time, would love to have some help on this venture.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Absolutely! The cars that I have done have all had sunroofs, so it's not too big of a deal. We could probably knock it out in a few hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts