SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my SR has 50K mi and I think the CV joint has gone bad already on the front suspension. When I turn the wheel at full lock either left or right I hear a clicking noise coming from the front wheels. I know its not wheel rub since I have 10mm spacers for years and the clicking is something new. Not axle ping either since the dealer fixed it using the superglue method.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: Bad CV Joint? (volvofla)

The superglue method is not a permanent fix and the glue (loctite) eventually lets go. Did the dealer instal XC90 bolts?

·
6,436 Posts
Re: Bad CV Joint? (volvofla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvofla</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So my SR has 50K mi and I think the CV joint has gone bad already on the front suspension. When I turn the wheel at full lock either left or right I hear a clicking noise coming from the front wheels. I know its not wheel rub since I have 10mm spacers for years and the clicking is something new. Not axle ping either since the dealer fixed it using the superglue method.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The clicking noise at full lock would not be the axle ping. <br>Get uner the car and see if you have any rips in the boot. <p>....since you have 10MM spacers, another thing that comes to my mind are bearings....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts