SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend, i was able to finish up my project of replacing the coolant overflow tank and reverse switch on my '05 VR. After getting everything back together and started the car, i got the coolant level low, shut off engine message. There is plenty of coolant in the overflow tank, so i disconnected the sensor and wanted to test it. I put the key in position II without the engine running and read the posts of the sensor connector and got a reading of 0 on the ohm meter, which would throw the low coolant code as far as i know. I already tested the float in the tank and it's not stuck at the bottom, it's floating. I already gave a new genuine Volvo sensor ordered (because the one i bought before was the generic one), but wanted to make sure i tested it correctly. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
The things I've seen in the past are the mechanic simply forgot to plug it in, didn't get the plug engaged all the way, or it wasn't inserted fully in to the reservoir. Other than that you're probably on the right track, although I woulda hit up the u-pull rather than buying new.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The things I've seen in the past are the mechanic simply forgot to plug it in, didn't get the plug engaged all the way, or it wasn't inserted fully in to the reservoir. Other than that you're probably on the right track, although I woulda hit up the u-pull rather than buying new.
I thought the same thing. I had plugged it in and the sensor won't go any farther in to the overflow tank, so I'm hoping it's the sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts