SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just come from another Volvo website where they are having a somewhat petty argument of the S60 A/C unit. Apparently, some owners have been without A/C for over one month. From what I have read, there have been so many problems that Volvo's parts division cannot keep up with the demand. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone know about this? Also, if true, is there a way to prevent this, for instance by switching the A/C off one minute before you swich off the ignition? Please advise!<P>Thanks

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
This is a new one to me. I just spoke to one of my friends who works at a flagship Volvo dealer and he hasn't heard anything about AC problems at all. As far as I know, the S80, new V70, and S60 have had very reliable ECC units compared to previous Volvo's. They all use the same basic ECC system.<P>Even if you switch off the AC unit before you turn the car off, it will come back on by itself approx. 45 minutes later to help dry out the entire air flow system to keep moisture from forming. You might have noticed this happening from time to time automatically.<P>Although with this said, there does seem to be a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for the S60 AC:<P><B>Make:</B> VOLVO <BR><B>Model:</B> S60 <BR><B>Year:</B> 2001<BR><B>Service Bulletin Number:</B> 8734 <BR><B>Bulletin Sequence Number:</B> 158<P><B>Description:</B> INFORMATION INTRODUCING NEW STEPPER MOTORS FOR THE CLIMATE SYSTEM. *TT <P>-Drew<p>[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Indy, my S60 is 3 months old and I don't want to be having second thoughts about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts