SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Image is at times unsteady and distorted (kinda like a tv that lost vertical synch), and it has gone completely dead (no image and camera icon with slash through it). I saw a few threads on it, and it does seem possibly related to hot weather, although first year this has happened.

I assume I need to take it in and get it replaced, I do have the extended warranty, so will that cover replacement cost? Also, read something about a Class-Action Suit from 2017--is that still existent?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You most likely need the Equalizer. It is an attenuator for the HSV.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummm...is that on it, just maybe broke, or they need to put on it to fix the issue? Free or covered under warranty? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You can check if one is installed. They were added if there was an issue. If one is there it is located in trunk area in the Left Rear behind the bulb access panel. I just put one in mine 2011 S60. It would act up when temps got hot. Thing isn't cheap either.
You might ask for goodwill assistance if it needs it.

Here's a pic of what it looks like installed

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the same problem with my camera, tomorrow I look if I have this equalizer otherwise I order one
Those of Volvo are expensive, I found one of Land Rover at £ 40 in England, I just hope he will send it to France
Thank you very much for the information

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can also use the same part from Land Rover: LR031216 or LR031214. Same part, much cheaper.
Hi Mark,

Are you sure it's compatible? Because I bought the Land Rover LR 031214 equalizer and the connections are not exactly the same! the connection is blocked

Cordially

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's the heat. My camera signal is all over the places as well during the day when the temps in the car are sitting well over 35 C. During the evening and mornings, the camera signal is fine.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hi Mark,

Are you sure it's compatible? Because I bought the Land Rover LR 031214 equalizer and the connections are not exactly the same! the connection is blocked

Cordially
I posted the Volvo part and part number. Its compatible with Volvo's. Another brand could have issues as you've discovered. Best to stay with Genuine Volvo Parts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought a Land Rover because it was $ 40, now I will get a refund and I will order a geniune Volvo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to bring back this thread but, while searching to fix the same problem I came across some modifications done by Russians.

It seems that the Land Rover equalizers or VAG ones might work but you have to modify a bit the socket as the adapter/equalizer comes with various types of plugs.

You can find some details here, here for the Audi ones and something here

Maybe this will help someone out who does not really want to spend so much money on this cheap part.

Also I would like to attach the PDF but it seems I do not find the option for it so you can go to this link for it (D4S1EQ-S01A5-YY we, with volvo, should have CB model - D4S1EQ-S01A5-CB).

Also the device can be seen here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts