SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time parent expecting in Fall. OSD pickup in June 2012.

Looking at Volvo accessories and saw child mirror that attaches to headrest. But price is kinda expensive at around $50-75. Any XC60 owners install and how does it work?

Any comparision to Brica or 1st Safety mirrors sold at babiesrus/target. Prics is only $14?

VOLVO

vs
Babies'r'us / Target

·
Registered
13 Posts
First time parent here as well. If money is no object then sure but I can tell you the selection at buy buy baby or babies'r'us do an equal job. Best of luck and congratulations!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
how does it work?

Any comparision to Brica or 1st Safety mirrors sold at babiesrus/target. Prics is only $14?
It attaches to the headrest posts. it is designed to stay stuck to the headrest in an accident.

The Babies-r-us ones only attach with an elastic strap, I'm guessing they will probably fly off in an accident and take out either the passenger or driver. I would not be very sure that made in China glass is going to stay in one piece either.

There must be other ones on the market that are more secure than the $14 ones, and yet less expensive than the Volvo ones.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have the same mirror in my VR. Pricey yes, but also crash tested. I am happy with it's attachment and function.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's not glass

It's made of plastic. It's also not very heavy and therefore not likely to break free of it's strap in a sudden deceleration.

It is, however, a distraction and likely to block your rear view. I tried one in my V70 and didn't like it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I avoid this issue entirely by never allowing children in my car. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts