SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S80 -07 - backrest release just does not work. It won't release backrests, I only hardly managed the get the smaller backrest part open (by pressing really really hard the button(s)). <p>Backrest release system has been already once replaced during warrantly time, but now it's again not working and warranty time is over.<p>Is there any do-it-yourself trick which I could do by myself ?<p>I'm just wondering if the release wire has loosen and if there is some trick to get the release working...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure what buttons you are "pushing". On my 2009 S80 I have to "pull" the releases in the trunk for the back seats to fold. The front pasenger seat has two hook clips that you pull up to release the seat. Could you provide more detail?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (ImInPA)

Yes, sorry about wrong word, I meant pulling.<p>So when I pull the clips, normally it should fold back seats successfully as it did after service had replaced the whole system.<p>But now when I pull clips, it just doesn't fold back seat. Plastic clip part itself seems working fine, but for some reason it does not release the back seat lock.<p>So just wondering if there has happended something to the wire in side the cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts