SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas my back up sensors stopped working. I seem to find anything online or anywhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Someones gotta know something or have a idea.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Broken wires most times. My dealer used to just fix it for free when I went in.

Mine is currently not working, but occasionally does. So yeah...I'd ASSume broken wires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was that an option or maybe only '05+ cause I never realized that these cars had that. Makes me wonder if mine is just broken. :)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wires behind the bumper? is there a fuse for them? thanks.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was that an option or maybe only '05+ cause I never realized that these cars had that. Makes me wonder if mine is just broken. :)
Not sure does ur rear bumper have the sensors sticking out?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check for the round discs on the rear bumper and you should have a button with a "P" next to your DSTC button if you have it. I think it only became available starting in '06 but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I noticed my reverse lights don't work also. I had my clutch and flywheel done and angle gear. I asked the shop and they said they did not unplug anything. I'm sure it's gotta be something stupid to loose back up sensors and reverse lights at the same time please help. Also the inside of the car was not touched. I'll bring it back to the shop if I got to but would rather fix it myself if anyone knows what going on with it thanks.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Ok I noticed my reverse lights don't work also. I had my clutch and flywheel done and angle gear. I asked the shop and they said they did not unplug anything. I'm sure it's gotta be something stupid to loose back up sensors and reverse lights at the same time please help. Also the inside of the car was not touched. I'll bring it back to the shop if I got to but would rather fix it myself if anyone knows what going on with it thanks.
If this happened after the shop looked at the car, then it's their responsibility to fix it for free.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
R's have back up sensors? If so my sensors never worked-was this an option or standard?

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Probably the reverse switch died. They do unfortunately go from time to time.

Easy enough to replace, it sits on top of the transmission with the cables.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone have a part # or is there anyway to check it?

·
Registered
876 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts